1. Right-click on the ESXi host and click Disconnect. This disconnects the ESXi host from the VirtualCenter Inventory.
2. Log in to ESXi Troubleshooting Mode. For more information, see Tech Support Mode for Emergency Support (1003677).
3. Uninstall the vpxa and aam components from the VMware ESXi host using the following commands:
4. Right-click on the ESXi host and click Connect. This initiates a re-install of the vpxa agent.
5. Add the host to the appropriate cluster. This initiates a re-install of the aam agent.
If the agent fails to automatically install when connecting the ESX host in the vCenter Server:
1. Verify that /tmp/vmware-root exists on the ESX host. vCenter stages the vpxa RPM in this folder. To add this directory, execute:
mkdir -p /tmp/vmware-root